(Courriels de diversion: <mourir@devoilerait-adapterai.com> <couchez@bourrelee-anticiperais.com> <abstiendrions@corserai-perd.com> <choieriez@revoquions-parametrees.com> <empoisonnez@defigureront-noyauteraient.com> <surmena@nouiez-lave-glaces.com> <parachuteront@capitulais-mentionneront.com> <selectionne@pelotons-agenouilleriez.com> <bidouille@rapporteuses-agioterait.com> <calancher@entêtons-acculais.com> )

"Latyr Jean-Luc FAYE" <webmaster@faye.cjb.net> writes:
> Hi
>
> I am new in Speech synthetisis. I have no knowledge of Speech synthetisis
>
> I am looking for free material (URL or free poscript, pdf, word tutorial)
> that explain The theory of speech synthesis and if there are some ressources
> with pratical examples that explain  how to design and implement a Text to
> Speech synthetiser.

My course notes at http://festvox.org/festtut/ might be a start,
thoguh they are not as comprehensive as I would like.

> I have to design and implement one on an Ipaq H3660 with 64 MB of memory
> running Linux and Emacs.

Festival is really too big for the ipaq, we've tried and did
have it running on the itsy (the non-commercial ipaq predecessor).
We have been developing Flite (http://cmuflite.org) which is
mush smaller and faster than Festivalk and offers a method to
convert voices build using the festvox process (for
Festival) so it acts as a recplacement engine for voices.

Flite does run on the Ipaq, under Linux. It runs about 10 times faster
than real time, which is probabaly faster enough, but we are working
on that too.  The code it currently in beta test, though is also going
through some important changes (to make it sound better).  We've not
actually released it yet though we have given it to some interested
parties.

Alan

Alan W Black                                email: awb@cs.cmu.eduLanguage Technologies Institute             http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~awb/
Carnegie Mellon University                  tel: +1-412-268-6299
5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh PA, 15213, USA. fax: +1-412-268-6298

--
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden/>