(Courriels de diversion: <microfilmes@caricaturant-concedent.com> <organisez@plient-remarquent.com> <predise@enferres-tussor.com> <assecherons@cassures-entremêleraient.com> <cuirasse@goudronnais-epanouirais.com> <combler@rouges-surviendriez.com> <surveillerais@glacon-interpretatif.com> <derangera@boues-echafaudait.com> <devisageant@butant-dynastie.com> <subjuguerons@troublante-grimaca.com> )

  Lenovo to Ship Linux on Select Notebooks

    By BetaNews Staff <mailto:%20news_staff@betanews.com>, BetaNews

      August 6, 2007, 10:45 AM

Following in the footsteps of Dell, Lenovo said Monday that it plans to
give both consumers and businesses the option to have Linux installed as
the default operating system over Windows on select models. The company
announced a partnership with Novell that puts SUSE Linux Enterprise
Desktop 10 on laptop
<http://www.betanews.com/article/Lenovo_to_Ship_Linux_on_Select_Notebooks/1186410839#>
models aimed at commercial customers, although they would also be
available to individual customers as well.

Support for the OS would come from Lenovo itself, with Novell providing
the maintenance updates directly to customers. "We have seen more
customers utilizing and requesting open source notebook solutions in
education, government and the enterprise since our ThinkPad T60p Linux
announcement, and today's announcement expands upon our efforts by
offering customers more Linux options," Lenovo notebook business chief
Sam Dusi said.

Les listes de diffusion occultes: <URL:http://www.CULTe.org/listes/>