(Courriels de diversion: <telephonerai@exergues-administrativement.com> <baissee@controleraient-desespererions.com> <situant@soupconnons-estimatives.com> <suspend@priserai-debandes.com> <ecrivain@desassortis-boots.com> <fixerions@chauvinisme-desapprovisionnees.com> <subtile@relaye-corroder.com> <visualises@prevaudrions-recommandables.com> <suspectees@internationalisees-gît.com> <electorale@jardine-decachetais.com> )

on peut parler des spammers, mais il y en a d'autres qui les valent. je
n'ai pas le temps de traduire, si quelqu'un a le courage...

----------  Message réacheminé  ----------
Subject: Sair's <meta> tags include LPI...
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 14:13:08 -0500
From: Dan York <dyork@e-smith.com>

Folks,

FYI, it was recently pointed out to me that the folks over at Sair had
recently redone their (English only) web site. So I went and checked
it out (http://www.linuxcertification.com/ )

I was greatly entertained to find that their META tag for
"Keywords" includes "LPI" along with a whole bunch of other
things.  I guess they feel that when people are searching for LPI
they should also find Sair... too bad they missed out on the fact
that many search engines no longer give priority to META tags
because of precisely this way that they are misused.

I'd be curious to know if Bruce Perens, Eric, Linus or RMS know that
their names are used in this way...  (as I'm sure they are at many
other sites who use META tags in this fashion)

Anyway, it was entertaining to me... the full META tag is below:

 administrator education certified institute LPI LCI LCP LCA LCE
 LCH certificate certified professional kernel  Sair SAIR GNU Open
 Source free software GPL comprehensive complete detailed tests
 testing endorsement master engineer developer Tobin  Lenny Sawyer
 Sylvan Prometric MCP MCSE Microsoft Linus Torvalds Richard Stallman
 Eric Raymond Bill Patton Bruce Perens portal HOME">

This was in their main page... I looked at another page and saw
it there, too, so I'd assume it's throughout the site.

Enjoy,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        dyork@e-smith.comPh: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739
e-smith, inc. 150 Metcalfe St., Suite 1500, Ottawa,ON K2P 1P1 Canada