Subject: Re: rejuvenating old cows
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:16:42 +0100
From: jdd <jdanield@dodin.net>

Le ven, 10 nov 2000, Tom Peters a écrit :

> -as proposed, an up-to-date overview of merits and popularity of modern
> (GUI) admin tools would certainly be useful, and LPI can consider it when
> updating the objectives and exams some time in the future.
>
> - also, a systematic comparison of differences between distributions would
> be generally useful.  A project that was started for LPI
> distribution-specific tests, which was orphaned, is still online at
> http://userweb.interactive.net/~revf2/LPI/ ...  Anyone wants to adopt
> it, update and maintain it?

I just get a look at the suse page, it's really interesting.

In fact I would really like to maintain such a thing.

I am currently working on a general course for intermediate users (just under
LPI goals) dealing with various distributions. So i need to examine most
of main distros. For The moment I look at SuSe (my main one), Mandrake,
Debian, Red Hat, demolinux, mulinux.

however, right now and for the two next months, I must concentrate on my
actual work.

I will examine more precisely the below given pages and give you then a
more precise answer.

nevertheless, I can participate if any other people take care of the House
Keeping.

thanks
jdd

--