(Courriels de diversion: <debranche@marine-lacera.com> <repartons@diffamerent-atermoyiez.com> <reserveraient@releguerons-remploierions.com> <fausserions@rigoriste-imprevoyance.com> <introspectif@arrętees-immuniserent.com> <prefigurerent@amorcerent-valse-hesitation.com> <rengagement@resiste-lancineront.com> <perversions@bandes-rapprocher.com> <surestimaient@immanents-pessimiste.com> <faciliteriez@vexeront-crotte.com> )

Erratum :
l'URL de Freedows n'est pas http://www.freedows.com comme je l'ai
precedemment ecris mais :
http://www.freedows.org
http://www.freedows.net

-- BEGIN included message

J'ai appris dernierement le lancement d'un nouveau projet : Freedows.
Voici un extrait du "More info" se trouvant sur le site :
http://www.freedows.com
(J'ai prefere inclure la version anglaise, en francais les accents sont
oublies avec le copy/paste de Netscape...).

Freedows will be based on the "Cache Kernel" design developed by
researchers at Stanford University. This design will be utilized to
create an OS that is able to run applications from
    many different OSes, even those based on completely different
processors and hardware, like the Macintosh or Amiga. Through the use of
"application kernels," Freedows will be able
    to provide dynamically loaded, on-the-fly OS support. Much as your
Internet browser can use plug-ins to view different types of files,
Freedows will be able to have Application
    Kernels plugged in to provide additional OS support.

    In our final release, planned for sometime in 1998, we will include
full Windows 16- and 32-bit emulation. This will include both support
for Windows 95 applications and for Windows
    NT applications. Additionally, we will also provide support for DOS
applications, likely through a port of FreeDOS. Future plans include a
Linux AK in Freedows 1.2 (1999) and
    MacOS in Freedows 2.0 (2000). In addition, classic systems, such as
the Commodore 64 and Tandy CoCo will also have emulations available
under Freedows.

    In the Freedows team, we feel that easy customizability of the OS
will be able to provide the user with something that is much more
user-friendly to work in. This is why we are
    designing FOOIS, The Freedows Object Oriented Interface System.
These "objects," which will include Windows, Buttons, and Dialog Boxes,
will be fully changable. If you wish to
    have a different icon in your "Question" dialog box, you will be
able to change that. If you wish to have a totally Mac like interface,
that too will be possible. In fact, through the use of
    various "FOOIS GUI Schemes," you will be able to have your interface
on any Freedows system that you wish to use. Just pop in the disk, click
on a button, and away you go!

    Along with the Object Oriented Interface will be something that has
been missing from recent GUI based OSes  support for scripting
languages. Freedows will provide a full range
    of integrated languages, for everything from task automation to
application development. These will include, in our first release, a C++
compiler, a ReXX system and a Scheme/Visual
    Programming Language similar to Visual Basic.

    The final great part of Freedows is that all of this will be
released under the GNU Public Licence. This will not only allow free
distribution of binaries, but source code as well. And,
    through Development Kits and a "Patch Support Program," other 3rd
party developers will be able to quickly create Freedows Applications,
and AK's, as well as have us provide
    patches and drivers for any bugs that they repair. We plan on
providng full access to Freedows source/binaries through the Internet,
as well as providing, at cost, Freedows CD-ROM
    distributions.

Le projet est ambitieux et n'en est apparament qu'au stade des
specifications,
on est en droit de se demander s'il ne connaitra pas le meme sort que
HURD...

-- END included message