Subject: Partition Magic and Linux
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 17:36:42 +0200
From: George Ecker <gecker@mail.netvision.net.il>To: jdanield@dodin.net

Dear Jean-Daniel,

I tried Partition Magic 6.0 to UNDELETE the partition tables on my mixed
FAT32 + Linux hard drives after a vicious virus attack on my PC. I got back
ALL the FAT32 partitions perfectly, but NONE of the Linuxes. I wrote to
PowerQuest tech support for help and their answer absolutely surprised me,
specially in view of what I read in your Partition Rescue mini-HOWTO, para.
8.3 (The rich man case). Please consider refracing this paragraph to prevent
more poors to become poorer...;-) See e-mails attached below.

Best regards,

George

Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 15:34:11 -0600
From: "Technical Support" <help@powerquest.com>
The undelete function works on Fat, FAT32, & NTFS file partitions.  It does
work on Linux partitions.  You will need to look for a Linux file recovery
software that will be able to recover the lost data from those Linux
partitions.  Then you will need to recreate the partitions & reinstall
Linux.  I wish I had some better news.

Regards,  Derek

Please include all previous messages if you need to reply.
PowerQuest Technical Support