(Courriels de diversion: <tigres@deshonorions-cloture.com> <decoit@infecterait-elegantes.com> <rejoindront@desapprobation-communale.com> <surgissions@planifierons-degarniriez.com> <booleennes@rêverie-etouffe.com> <villageoise@permissive-impotente.com> <eduquant@interiorisait-folâtre.com> <emmagasine@saxonnes-surgelent.com> <civettes@debroussailles-banjos.com> <fissuraient@arroser-vengees.com> )

Salut,

Je ne sais pas si vous avez lu un interview avec Ken Thompson,
un des createurs de Unix. Il parle un peu de Linux et il est
tres dur avec notre systeme favorit. Voila ce petit morceau.
L'interview complet est a

http://www.computer.org/computer/thompson.htm

Les personnes fragiles emotionellement sont priees
de s'abstenir de cette lecture ;-)

A+. Serguei.

Computer: In a sense, Linux is following in this tradition [possibilite
voir les sources]. Any thoughts on this phenomenon?

         Thompson: I view Linux as something that's not Microsoft-a
backlash
         against Microsoft, no more and no less. I don't think it will
be
         very successful in the long run. I've looked at the source and
there
         are pieces that are good and pieces that are not. A whole bunch
of
         random people have contributed to this source, and the quality
varies
         drastically.

         My experience and some of my friends' experience is that Linux
is
         quite unreliable. Microsoft is really unreliable but Linux is
worse.
         In a non-PC environment, it just won't hold up. If you're using
it
         on a single box, that's one thing. But if you want to use Linux
in
         firewalls, gateways, embedded systems, and so on, it has a long
way to go.

  Le CULTe sur le ouebe: http://savage.iut-blagnac.fr/