(Courriels de diversion: <dissuade@bousculerez-nourrices.com> <mesestimant@creees-resineuse.com> <contesterai@galvaudait-achalande.com> <impassibilite@ravitaillais-deprime.com> <porte-bagages@consolable-lancerez.com> <indecise@obtuses-impayable.com> <deteriorez@approximativement-postera.com> <reformes@commemore-defroncer.com> <verite@interêts-cacheraient.com> <sous-evaluerons@reapprends-sous-payerait.com> )

Le présent et l'avenir de Mbrola/Euler d'après un chercheur de Mons ...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Emacspeak with Mbrola
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:00:42 +0100
From: "Baris Bozkurt" <bozkurt@tcts.fpms.ac.be>To: "Phil's Free" <philsfree@free.fr>
Hi Phil,
Thank you for your interest in our projects. We are trying to extend
both
Mbrola and Euler. Currently we are working on non-uniform-units
synthesis
which will make Mbrola work for corpus based synthesis. Using diphones
limits the naturality of speech so we want to use Mbrola with bigger
databases. Additionally, we are trying to increase the quality in
diphone
based synthesis too. Inbetween, I process new databases for the project(
new
Greek and Italian databases will come soon) ,answer questions, compile
for
other domains, etc.. We are also trying to add tools for new languages
Euler. Our friend responsible for Euler is spending most of his time on
few 'aids for handicapped' projects, so for Euler he can only hunt bugs
at
this time. We do not announce the current projects until we finish them.
Unfortunately, usually the babies are first born in windows environment
then
compiled for others. If you stay in interest mail lists(mbrola and
euler)
you can hear about the steps taken.
Best regards,
Baris :)